Followers

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Glory to God

I keep thinking I am done with Christmas cards and then I come upon another challenge that calls for them.  Hopefully today will be the last of Christmas cards. I made this card using the Bible passage that Word Art Wednesday had.  It was Anything Goes, but I didn't want to use red and green, but some non-traditional Christmas colors.   I used the Brush Stroke Frame Border from DS4J and added the text inside it.  I still need to learn how to merge two images.  I typed the verse in Photoshop Elememts and printed the image as a whole.  I ran VersaMark along the edge of the image piece, dipped it in Ranger Gold Tinsel and heat set it.  I learned this technique a couple weeks ago in a class and really like it.  I distressed the edges of the background dp.



Materials used:
 
Cardbase from Michaels 6.5 x 5
Bo Bunny DP from the Frosted Collection
Copic Sketch Markers
Pearls from Want2Scrap (colored with Copic)
Ranger Gold Tinsel
 
Challenges entered:
 
 


8 comments:

  1. Really smashing Margaret! When you learn to merge, will you teach me? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful creation - your coloring is amazing -thank you for joining us at Twist of Faith - come back next time too! Enjoy your day! Gail Scott DT Twist of Faith

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Christmas card, Margaret. The non-traditional colours are wonderful the gold embossed edge is gorgeous. Thanks so much for joining Christmas at Sweet Stampin for our 1st challenge.

    Hugs, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Margaret! What a beautiful card. I am SO blessed to have you share this with us in our challenge this week at Word Art Wednesday. I just LOVE IT when you are able to play along with us, and I always look forward to seeing more of your beautiful art shared in our challenges.
    Blessings to you always,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  5. Margaret, your card is simply stunning! I LOVE the gold embossed finish....it adds such a richness....and the WAW verse is surely one of the most glorious passages of scripture....so fitting for our challenge at Twist of Faith. Thank you for sharing with us, and I pray that you and yours have a Happy and Peaceful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Margaret - thank you for entering your lovely card in the Twist of Faith Challenge this week - please come back again next week and join in on the fun again! We love it when you come and enter you beautiful creations! Gail Scott DT Twist of Faith

    ReplyDelete
  7. Margaret, i have such a tough time doing a sentiment card..just never like mine. I really like yours and it sort of reminds me of Art Nouveau. Thanks for sharing your talent at Twist of Faith!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful creation, with such a meaingingful scripture... Thank you for sharing at Twist of Faith!
    hugs and blessings,
    Pauline

    ReplyDelete